Key Performance Areas:
Supervise (mostly through sub- ordinates the receipt, storage and despatch of products, materials and equipment, in accordance with company policies and procedures and ensure their safe storage in good condition.
Ensure that all controls and all records are maintained in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Maintain all plant and equipment in good operating condition in accordance with sound maintenance and repair principles.
Organise and maintain a good housekeeping programme to attain the highest possible degree of cleanliness and orderliness and ensure that all outgoing packages are clean and presentable.
Recommend for the Line Manager’s consideration and approval, essential, profitable and desirable improvement and replacements to plant and equipment.
Enforce Health, Safety, Environment, Security (HSES) and Fire regulations. Maintain fire-fighting equipment in good working condition and give practical instruction to all staff regarding its use.
Ensure that compliance is maintained at all times with the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Control stock losses, leakages and take immediate and effective action wherever possible to reduce costs losses/leakages to a minimum.
Ensure that the Terminal is operated in accordance with the Laws, Ordinances, Rules and Regulations of the various Government, Provincial, Regional, Municipal, Council and similar authorities, including Industrial Union Conciliation Agreements and Wage determination, etc.
Behavioural attributes and skills:
- Pro active
- Good planning skills
- Safety minded
- Good problem solving skills
- Good listening and communications skills
- Petroleum Industry
- Depot Operations
- Knowledge of all accounting and computing systems, methods and procedures.
- Industrial Relations Procedures and Pracitices.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Matric (Grade 12)
- Post Matric Qualification will be an added advantage
- 3 years relevant experience
- Previous Depot Manager experience will be an added advantage
About Guarantee Trust Staffing Solutions
My client a well-established energy company seeks to employ a Depot Manager for their New offices in Jhb South.
The purpose of the job is to provide for:
- The efficient operation and maintenance of the Terminal facilities.
- Safe custody and control of products and materials received, stored and dispatched.
- Implementation and enforcement of all Fire, Health, Safety, Environmental and Security Regulations.